Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Arms Race

So my camera charger is gone, so I have no pictures of this weekend's snowboarding with the Stoked crew. However, my birthday passed this week and I got some new gear to celebrate.


Joel hooked me up with this Sweet AK jacket I had my eye on a few weeks ago.
I really didnt need it, but what can you do but enjoy a great gift. :)
I also hooked up a new ride for myself. Got the burton Custom X Wide 159. My current board has seen a lot of action, and it is time for a new one. (kinda) Anyway, I got a SWEET end of the year deal on it. It retails for $649.00 and I grabbed it for $350. WORD UP to that...
Here's the nerdy info:



The peak-to-park weapon of choice for DCP, Frederik K., Marko Grilc, and Kazu, the Custom X™, now also available in wide sizes, is the ultimate upgrade for those ready to ride at higher levels. Heli-accessed pillow lines, shit-your-pants Alaskan gnar, stadium kickers, or World Cup superpipes—dissect all elements with surgical precision, warp speed, and second-nature agility. With the X, next-level freestyle is yours for the slaying.





Pretty close to perfect, all it needs is one of these....







So back to snowboarding, I am a little sad to see the warmer temperatures. So far it's been an amazing season, and I've really learned some stuff. I cant complain cause I had some pretty real days, but I want more. It's crazy because you can do something for years, and then all of a sudden fall completely in love with it again. This year has been a blessing. From Mammoth to Utah to Whistler to teaching kids how to love snowboarding, It's been AWESOME. But it aint over yet, despite my nostalgic tone of conclusion. I gotta find that charger.....

No comments: